Friday, February 10, 2017

The Impromptu Mom

The Impromptu Mom

Welcome! Thanks for joining me as I get ready to more than likely embarrass myself, my kids, maybe my husband and admit things probably I shouldn’t.


Mom-hood is hard. Step-Mom-hood is hard, too. Dog mom-hood… that’s pretty easy actually. To be honest, most of the time I feel like I have no clue what I’m mom-doing...


I am the step mom to a 7 1/2 year old girl, Dog Mom to an almost 2 year old toy poodle, and I am due so very soon with a baby boy (due 3/10/17). I’m also a wife to an amazing man, who I always wonder how I got so lucky to receive.


My hubby and I had a sort of impromptu wedding, a semi-elopement to Las Vegas - about 12 people joined us there. Shortly after our deciding and planning (aka purchasing flight, hotel and an easy chapel package), we found out we were pregnant - very funny, right? A Vegas wedding with a pregnant bride? Ugh... totally not what I had in mind. Well, after reserving on 6/19, I found out I was pregnant on 6/30. I was excited to be pregnant, just not so excited about the timing - you can read more about finding out I was pregnant here.


The “funny” thing about me being a wife and mom is that just a few short years ago, I was an alcohol loving, always time for a night of dancing, probably hung over at work, almost 30 going on 21, don’t give AF introvert trying oh so very hard to be an extrovert, desperate for something meaningful (whatever that was) and if I had to admit... totally unhappy.


It’s sad, but the more important thing is... it’s fucking true. 


Truth. 
That’s what you’re going to get around here.

Yeah - so there goes my first confession.


The last 3 years of my life have been amazing - I met the man of my dreams the man I never knew I desperately needed in July of 2014, got engaged in August 2015, found out I was pregnant on 6/30/16, and became an official wife (the luckiest wife) & step mom on 10/7/16. Now, I am just awaiting my little boy which has given my 3rd trimester a run for its money (literally, a lot of money) - we’ll talk more about that later.


Honestly, I am totally wingin’ it - the Mom thing, the wife thing, hell, even this whole life thing.

I am The Impromptu Mom.

Follow The Impromptu Mom on Facebook!







No comments:

Post a Comment